Manager, Data & Community Engagement
Code2College (www.code2college.org) is an Austin-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission of preparing low-income students, underrepresented students of color and girls to enter and excel in technical degree programs and careers. We are working to close both the tech talent demand and diversity gaps at once through a collaboration between Central Texas high schools and the Tech ecosystem.
Over the next two years, Code2College plans to make Central Texas the capital for homegrown, diverse technical talent in the United States. After only launching in Fall 2016 with 30 students in two Austin ISD high schools, Code2College is on track to serve over 700 minority and low-income high school students annually starting in Fall 2019. We continue to grow exponentially through the support of our corporate partners, volunteers and partner schools.
The Role: Manager, Data & Community Engagement
Code2College is seeking a Manager, Data & Community Engagement to support the organization's efforts to build an engaged program alumni network, thriving Tech ecosystem in Central Texas and manage the data sourcing, analysis, reporting and insights. A few responsibilities include:
- Maintaining contact with high school and college-going program alumni through regular communication and collection of qualitative and quantitative data
- Providing ongoing professional development and support through targeted event planning and coordination
Event Planning & Management
- Coordinating event logistics programming for Saturday Professional Development workshops
- Attending Saturday and Evening programming to ensure successful execution and program support
Data Management & Analysis
- Sourcing, analyzing and reporting out student outcome data, inclusive of attendance, achievement and academic data
- Maintaining an organizational dashboard to routinely track internal team performance
Us: We’re a startup nonprofit on a trajectory to change the lives of thousands of students and families in our region, while also filling the Austin Tech ecosystem with diverse, homegrown technical talent.
You: You’re comfortable with ambiguity, but can create structure in its absence. You’re an ambitious, relentless and proactive professional. You’ve got great attention to detail and a passion for delivering opportunity and access to black, brown, female and low-income high school students. You’re a strong communicator (both verbally and written). You have a desire to learn and to advance in the organization.
Successful candidates will have at least four of the following:
- A college degree
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Comfort with ambiguity, creating structure in its absence and overcommunication
- Experience in planning and executing large-scale events
- Experience in data analysis & reporting (e.g. use of Excel, Tableau and/or SQL)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical, dental and vision coverage