Code2College (www.code2college.org) is an Austin-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission of preparing low-income students, underrepresented students of color and girls to enter and excel in technical degree programs and careers. We are working to close both the tech talent demand and diversity gaps at once through a collaboration between Central Texas high schools and the Tech ecosystem.
Over the next two years, Code2College plans to make Central Texas the capital for homegrown, diverse technical talent in the United States. After only launching in Fall 2016 with 30 students in two Austin ISD high schools, Code2College is on track to serve over 1,000 minority and low-income high school students annually starting in Fall 2019. We continue to grow exponentially through the support of our corporate partners, volunteers and partner schools.
The Role: Executive Assistant
Code2College is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director with a variety of operational and administrative activities. We’re a startup and this is an opportunity for a resourceful and ambitious individual to get involved in a range of work. A few responsibilities include:
Social Media Management
- Updating and managing the Code2College social media calendar to post across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Creating social media posts and copy to align with the social media calendar such as creating content for black history month, industry-relevant events, student and volunteer updates, etc.
- Creating marketing materials for recruitment events and information sessions
- Coordinating event logistics and event programming details for after-school sessions and Saturday workshops
- Conducting phone screens for prospective volunteer instructors and mentors
- Drafting and revising emails to key stakeholders
- Coordinating volunteer instructor logistics, placement and communication
- Supporting corporate & school partner relationships through program updates and data sharing
Us: We’re a startup nonprofit on a trajectory to change the lives of thousands of students and families in our region, while also filling the Austin Tech ecosystem with diverse, homegrown technical talent.
You: You’re comfortable with ambiguity, but can create structure in its absence. You’re an ambitious, relentless and proactive professional. You’ve got great attention to detail and a passion for delivering opportunity and access to black, brown, female and low-income high school students. You’re a strong communicator (both verbally and written). You have a desire to learn and to advance in the organization.
Successful candidates must have:
- A college degree
- Experience in social media management
Ideal candidates will have experience in or familiarity with three or more of the following areas:
- MS Excel and Word,
- Conducting internet research,
- Ambiguity, creating structure and overcommunication
- Social media management
- Adobe (PS, Lightroom, Spark, etc.)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Most work conducted remotely in the Austin area