(Part-Time) Instructional Coach
The Problem: “If you can’t see it, you can’t be it.” So many students lack access and to some of our most in-demand careers and technical industries. Further, the absence of opportunity to explore these areas through exposure to industry professionals, technical skills development and at-bats to practically apply these skills have led to the dearth of diverse technical talent that we see today.
Our Mission: To dramatically increase the number of minority and low-income high school students who enter and excel in STEM undergraduate majors and careers.
Our Vision: We will transform Central Texas into the nation’s capital for diverse, homegrown technical talent.
The Role: We are seeking a passionate and intellectually curious educator who is inspired by our mission and ready to work hard to support our students. Code2College Instructional Coaches observe our after-school coding sessions (both live and recorded) and provide written feedback to our volunteers towards improving overall instructional quality. Instructional Coaches will serve a critical role in our organization, and directly contribute to Code2College’s mission and delivery of a high-quality program.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observe live and recorded after-school sessions in which volunteer instructors deliver program curriculum and circulate classrooms to support student work
- Provide written and verbal pedagogical feedback to Code2College volunteers and staff
- Track, analyze and report out student formative, summative and outcome data; communicate progress to Executive Director
Skills and Qualifications
- Attention to detail is CRITICAL for this role
- Experience conducting classroom observation and delivering instructional feedback to other classroom teachers
- A strong candidate will demonstrate an unwavering commitment to educational equity and improving outcomes, particularly for underserved students
- Knowledge of schools and the conditions that drive strong academic outcomes, including the levers to create a high-quality classroom
- Collaborative team player who is excited about building strong relationships among diverse communities
- Effective project manager with attention to detail and ability to drive to completion, and comfort managing multiple priorities amid high ambiguity
- Comfort with, and mastery of, curriculum and lesson plan development
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex ideas and findings in oral and written communication
- Proven ability to develop and present professional materials (e.g. spreadsheets, written memoranda, presentations) with a meticulous attention to detail
- Humble and responsive to feedback, with capacity to learn quickly and continuously
- Strong technical skills, including fluency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in classroom teaching with traditionally underserved students (i.e. at a Title I-eligible school, or school with a student body comprised primarily of black, Latino and/or Native American students) with a record of high student achievement
- Minimum one year of experience in school leadership (including serving as a department or grade-level chair), program management, and/or entrepreneurial experience valued
- Experience leading and managing adults highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in education highly valued
We offer an hourly rate commensurate with experience ($20-30/hr).
Code2College is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.