Chief of Staff
The Problem: “If you can’t see it, you can’t be it.” So many students lack access and to some of our most in-demand careers and technical industries. Further, the absence of opportunity to explore these areas through exposure to industry professionals, technical skills development and at-bats to practically apply these skills have led to the dearth of diverse technical talent that we see today.
Our Mission: To dramatically increase the number of minority and low-income high school students who enter and excel in STEM undergraduate majors and careers.
Our Vision: We will transform Central Texas into the nation’s capital for diverse, homegrown technical talent.
The Role: Chief of Staff
Role Description: We are seeking an organized, driven and mission-aligned professional who is inspired by our mission and ready to work hard to support our program and students. Code2College is hiring its first Chief of Staff to serve as a trusted thought and work partner focused on building critical systems and processes, managing (external and internal) stakeholder expectations, providing business development support and much more towards preparing Code2College for its next phase of growth. This next phase involves growing Central Texas operations to scale, while engaging other national markets and replicating our best practices throughout the country.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new, and refining existing, internal systems and processes
- Supporting the Executive Director through internal process management and stakeholder communications
- Managing large-scale projects involving a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Attention to detail is CRITICAL for this role
- Experience managing cross-functional/departmental projects is HIGHLY VALUABLE
- A strong candidate will demonstrate an unwavering commitment to educational equity and improving outcomes, particularly for underserved students
- Knowledge of schools and the conditions that drive strong academic outcomes, including the levers to create a high-quality classroom
- Collaborative team player who is excited about building strong relationships among diverse communities
- Effective project manager with attention to detail and ability to drive to completion, and comfort managing multiple priorities amid high ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex ideas and findings in oral and written communication
- Proven ability to develop and present professional materials (e.g. spreadsheets, written memoranda, presentations) with a meticulous attention to detail
- Humble and responsive to feedback, with capacity to learn quickly and continuously
- Strong technical skills, including fluency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Education and Experience:
- Experience leading and managing adults highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree in education, business or public affairs highly valued
Code2College offers a competitive salary based on experience
Code2College offers health, dental and vision benefits
Code2College is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.