Assistant Director of Programming
“If you can’t see it, you can’t be it.” So many students lack access to some of our most in-demand careers and technical industries. Further, the absence of opportunity to explore these areas through exposure to industry professionals, technical skills development, and at-bats to practically apply these skills have led to the dearth of diverse technical talent that we see today.
To dramatically increase the number of minority and low-income high school students who enter and excel in STEM undergraduate majors and careers.
We will transform Central Texas into the nation’s capital for diverse, homegrown technical talent.
We are seeking a driven professional who has their finger on the pulse of the tech industry and wants to change its talent landscape by making it accessible to minority and low-income students. Code2College Assistant Directors of Programming are responsible for equipping our students with the professional skills they need to be successful in STEM degrees and careers. They are responsible for monthly professional development workshops with volunteer mentors from local tech companies and for supporting students through internship placements that give them real-world experience. Candidates with experience as hiring managers or people operations managers in the tech industry would be ideal fits for this role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support diverse high school students in their pursuit to develop their technical and professional skills, as well as their socioemotional development
- Plan and coordinate professional skills workshops in which students learn more about STEM industries through case competitions and a variety of professional skills including resume-building and interview prep
- Track student performance data and provide appropriate supports towards completion of capstone projects
- Support students in internship placements through one-on-one support and coordination of student/mentor meetings
- Recruit and build relationships with diverse high school students to join the Code2College program
- Maintain strong relationships with program alumni to foster community and keep alumni engaged in the Code2College program
What We’re Looking For
- Is committed to our mission to equip minority and low-income high school students with the professional skills they need to excel in STEM degrees and careers
- Loves working with people, both adults and youth
- Has impeccable professionalism which will serve as a model for students
- Has a proven track record of attention to detail and effective execution
- Is a clear communicator, both in writing and in person
- Thinks strategically to create solutions to organizational and scale challenges
- Is an independent self-starter
- Has a bachelor’s degree
- Is fluent in Microsoft Office
- Has 2+ years experience working professionally in the Education, Tech or Nonprofit Industry is a plus
- Experience with hiring, recruiting, or people operations is a plus
- Experience coaching or with professional development is a plus
Code2College offers a competitive salary based on experience
Code2College offers health, dental and vision benefits
Code2College is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.