Associate Director, Software Engineering Program & Curriculum Design
We are seeking a strong engineer and communicator who is excited to share their love for programming and engineering with our students. The Associate Director (Software Engineering Program & Curriculum Design) is responsible for the technical instruction our students receive. By the end of the course, students will build a web app with a customized front end, Python engine using Flask, and SQL database.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, build, implement, and iterate on curriculum for after-school coding classes and capstone design project
- Attend after-school instructional sessions to understand student progress and needs
- Monitor and evaluate student outcomes and implement program changes to improve student learning
- Collaborate with and coordinate volunteer instructors
- Identify and solve scale challenges to grow the impact of the organization
NOTE: Code2College is in the midst of an accelerated growth pattern and the professional growth opportunities for all team members over the next 12-24 months are significant.
“If you can’t see it, you can’t be it.” So many students lack access to some of our most in-demand careers and technical industries. Further, the absence of opportunity to explore these areas through exposure to industry professionals, technical skills development, and at-bats to practically apply these skills have led to the dearth of diverse technical talent that we see today.
To dramatically increase the number of minority and low-income high school students who enter and excel in STEM undergraduate majors and careers.
We will transform Central Texas into the nation’s capital for diverse, homegrown technical talent.
What We’re Looking For
- Is committed to our mission to equip minority and low-income high school students with the technical and professional skills they need to excel in STEM degrees and careers
- Loves programming and engineering
- Understands computer science from the fundamentals
- Is a strong communicator with proven experience breaking down complex technical concepts to make them accessible and understandable
- Will be patient and thorough in writing instructions for students and working with students one-on-one
- Thinks strategically to create solutions to challenges of scale
- Is an independent self-starter
- Is eager to learn new things, including about education
- Has a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Has 2+ years experience working professionally in software engineering
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
Code2College is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Code2College offers a competitive salary, but with no health insurance or retirement plan benefits at this time.